Four Seasons Montessori is a small and intimate preschool, established in 2013 and located within the Sundowner (Randburg) boomed area. The preschool caters for children aged 2 – 6 years old.
Four Season Montessori’s vision to is to provide children with a hands-on learning experience that teaches them relevant knowledge and skills. We aim to ignite a love of learning in our students. Ultimately, we want to prepare our students, not only for school, but for life.
Children aged two to six are sensorial explorers that are constantly building their knowledge of the world by absorbing every aspect of their environment, language, and culture. Our Preschool Education Program caters to the specific needs of this age group by fulfilling their innate desire to learn through direct sensory experiences with self-teaching materials. The Program covers the five key curriculum areas, with science, music, art and physical education playing an important part in daily activities. In this age group, children choose their own tasks and work independently at their own pace, under the gentle guidance of a trained teacher. The focus of the Preschool Program is to prepare children for school and help them to develop independence, a strong sense of self, self-motivation, and a love of learning.
Preschool Program Goals
- Provide a safe, engaging and nurturing learning environment for preschoolers
- Foster the growth of functional independence, concentration, and self-correction
- Promote social development through respectful and clear communication
- Refine sensory perception and the development of literacy and mathematical understanding
- Foster the development of communication, creativity, collaboration and critical thinking skills
- Offer opportunities for imaginative exploration, leading to confident, creative self-expression
- Prepare children with the skills and experience they need to succeed at school and beyond
Key Campus Features
Especially unique about Four Season Montessori:
- Modern Montessori Education Program
- Curriculum covering: Practical Life, Sensorial, Mathematics, Language, Art, Science, Geography, Culture, Botany and Zoology
- Full suite of Montessori learning materials
- Focus on facilitating each child’s individual development journey
- Passionate and highly trained teaching staff
- Holistic focus on child development
- State-of-the-art facilities with exceptional learning environments
- School readiness and transition to school program
“We believe that the preschool child learns best within a nurturing environment that caters for their individual style of learning. During one-on-one interactions that are geared towards the child’s individual readiness and pace of learning, children will absorb what they are developmentally ready for. A child who feels safe and happy in a non-pressured environment, is one who will flourish to their full potential.”
Loraine & Robbie Johnson